Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Colorado Day, Blue Jay in Color

When I mentioned this morning at breakfast that I needed to post to Blue Jay Natural Dye, Blue Jay was emphatic about knowing what SHE would post.

She pointed out the kitchen window. It took me a minute to sort out all the items that were in her range of view. Not the cable junction box on the power pole in the alley. Not the squirrel on the Pergola. Yes, the little green budded leaves on the lilac. I should have taken a photo then.

The budding has been made apparent to my sinuses and allergies for several days, but I didn’t point that out. I love it when she gets excited about that stuff.

She also wants to try the Onion Skin dye that she found in one of her American Girl books, entitled Kirsten’s Craft Book. It is a little out of sequence for my preparations, but I think that we can manage.

I looked at the craft instructions in Kirsten’s Craft Book. They were well written out, so we may try them. There were sixteen craft instructions including patterns for stenciling boxes, and painted clay bead jewelry, too.

I wanted to do all the dyeing processes out side.


Yesterday's temperature topped 80° F. This morning was sunshine, blue sky, and in the fifties. This afternoon,... see the picture.

We still do need to cut up the fabric for color samples. We may do that instead and do the outdoor tasks tomorrow.

Blue Jay drew her room. Oak flooring, solid blue rug, yellow walls, white ceiling, wood dresser, desk, bed and bookcase and an orange, a yellow, and a purple canvas storage tote finish out the rooms furnishings.

Here is her impressionist view.



And, Blue Jay in color.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

80 degrees, WOW!! At least it isn't snowing in New England.. We had almost 70 yesterday (16Apr08) and expect mid 70s today.

maJiCMan ;-)

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Good old Colorado weather! The wind is about to make me nuts, though.

Were you standing on the coffee table for this shot? It's great, but I was trying to figure out how you were hanging off the ceiling or something. :D

Anonymous said...

Blue Jays been my friend for.........Oh,2 years?And all the time I knew her she LOVES plants!She's very intelligent,beautiful,and FUN!!!!!!!


Tigerpaw,of ThunderClan
(Bryana)